50K PRICE IMPROVEMENT 4/22!!! Welcome to 2239 Lazy River Drive. This true deepwater property is the definition of life here in the low country. It is extremely rare to find a home on the water that features both sunrise AND sunset views, just minutes from the heart of historic Charleston. This lovely property has three bedrooms, each with expansive waterfront views, and a total of four bathrooms. On the main level you will find the owner's suite, living room with wood burning fireplace, eat-in kitchen, half bath, 2.5 car garage with laundry, and an incredible deck with built in hot-tub that overlooks the Stono River.Open up all of your doors and windows and enjoy the breeze from the water on a nice day. On the second level, you will find a huge family room, two additional bedrooms, full kitchen and wet bar, two more bathrooms and laundry. The second story balcony is one of the owner's favorite places to unwind by watching the sunset with a glass of wine. Worried about storage? Don't be. There are a total of 7 large closets, plenty of overhead space in the garage, and attic storage as well. The intracoastal waterway is just steps from your back door. Take a stroll down the private concrete dock, where you will find a boathouse, powered boat lift, and a floating dock large enough to tie up a 45ft yacht. YES, there is room for a pool in the back yard! Whether you need to accommodate a large family or long to create a custom retreat, this rare property offers endless options to fit your needs and offer the ultimate lifestyle escape.
INTERIOR COSMETIC 2021
- Fresh paint throughout the entire home
- Freshly painted kitchen cabinets
- Matte black ceiling fans with color-changing light kits throughout
- New LED color changing flush-mount lighting with tone-changing technology throughout
- New chandelier and pendants lights in downstairs kitchen
- Some storm proof windows and doors replaced this year
MAJOR SYSTEMS, ETC.
- Crawl space fully encapsulated, has de-humidifier, and was recently inspected by Thompson Moisture Control
- New Roof at the end of 2019
- New HVAC upstairs 6/10/19 (serviced every 6/mo.)
- New HVAC downstairs 4/24/15 (serviced every 6/mo.)
- Upstairs hot water heater replaced in 2017
- Downstairs hot water heater replaced in 2020
- Recently replaced copper water line that runs from the meter to the street, ran it through the garage and into the home.
EXTERIOR / LOT
- Raised the entire lot with around 100 truckloads of dirt, installed french drains on both sides of the property that go out to the river. The owner has never once seen water come up to the house.
- The home is actually solid brick, with another layer of vinyl on top, and the foundation has 48 40-ft pilings keeping it secure.
- Valued between 175k-200k, this incredibly unique concrete dock with concrete pilings and covered pier head requires low maintenance compared to a wooden dock.
- Powered boatlift, storage, and concrete table will remain on the dock for the next owner.
- Huge floating dock addition which can hold up to a 45ft yacht, brand new bumpers were just installed. The floating dock is maintained regularly by the owner.
- No HOA
- Flood Insurance $544 in 2020 with transferrable policy.
- Electric bills have always been about $230 each month because the home is so well insulated.
- This property can qualify as a short-term rental.